Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Generally Speaking

Usually I can find a million things to write about it here. Most of the time I'm having adventures without even realizing I am until I get home and go "woah! can you believe what happened today?!" all in lower case too - shocking. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is - although I am incredibly happy with my life at the moment (seattle, boyfriend, friends, family, lifestyle, you name it), there is one little thing that is really driving me nuts - I never DO anything INTERESTING.

Things I could write about (things I've actually CONSIDERED writing about):

- How my portable closet kept collapsing and spilling my clothes everywhere and so I finally bought a new one from target and it's currently sitting in the hallway still in the box waiting for me to put it together.
- My freelance editing life.
- Being tired.
- Old People and how sometimes when they come into work and they are really sick or just really old and feeble i have a hard time (literally) not bursting into tears right there at the counter while they order their danish because what I'm looking at? Is death. Right in the face. And it really gets me.

I like a good routine. I like knowing when I'm going to work and when I can have my days off and when I can schedule doing laundry and going running. But what happened to the fun stuff? Everyone just sits in their routines and the best they can come up with is TV night on Wednesdays and the occasional happy hour. I thought moving back to seattle would give me a little social diversity since I know so many people and they all can't be busy and boring at the same time, right? Except they kind of are, or they just don't want to play with me. And I'm right there with them. Because what can I write about? Old People. Right.

Anyways. So generally speaking, I can usually turn any situation into something interesting to talk about. But right now, I can't. So instead I'm going to try to drum up some adventure. Somewhere. Hello? Are you out there? So that all my readers don't fall off the face of the earth and at the same time I don't bore anyone to death. New goal: Don't bore people.

1 comment:

  1. I tend to have lots of free time so feel free to give me a call if you want an adventure. It's definitely colder but the boat still works. I actually went out on Sunday and saw a pod of orcas in the Sound, which was one of the coolest things ever. In addition to the boat, I'm good at finding adventures. I went on a blind date on Friday night, stayed too late, got stuck on the East Side, and ended up sleeping on a beanbag in my office. Very adventureful!

    ReplyDelete