Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Month 3

Today marks the completion of my third month being 25. The goal of writing every day has now become more like "let's see what we can do this month", because writing everyday - although awesome the first month, didn't really happen the second or third. But you know what I have done? Finished a short story called "Benz" and submitted it to (3) places. Woo hoo! I haven't submitted anything to anyone anywhere in 2 years! But now I have. And so begins the cycle of rejection. Sigh.

This weekend I bundled up my polka dotted computer and headed out to the land of CoffeeShop with Margaret for a writing date. And that is how productivity happens. I'm going to start doing that more - at least once a weekend. It will be easier once I get my desk back (yeah!! shipping all seattle stuff this weekend!), but even then, I think it's important to escape the house and the television and the internet to get some writing done.

You know what other ideas I've come up with? Maybe, possibly, starting in again on my novel. Oh that's right - maybe even getting it ready to submit to agents (she said with enthusiasm).

With running - it ebbs and flows. I've decided (with some encouraging from kamel) to begin running twice a day on days I have time to do so. I'm hoping it happens at least 2-3 times a week. It will help me look great for my wedding and also push me to improve on distance at an accelerated pace. And being outside makes me happy. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment