Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ribbit

This week, Kamel and I have Alejandro (his cousin) visiting from Mexico. This week we are also sleeping in the new apartment amidst boxes and boxes and bubble wrap and luggage filled with hastily packed clothing. I am, to say the least, a little stressed out. But Alejandro is awesome. He is kind and polite and well-mannered. And if, when I asked him about girls, he didn't respond with "oh, I like all girls!" and then gave me a dashingly devilsh grin, I would try to convince some of my single ladies to pounce on him. That, and his location being in Mexico.

Every day for the last two weeks my days have gone like this: Get up, get dressed, eat breakfast in my car, drive to work, work, come home, make dinner/do laundry, eat dinner standing in the kitchen with kamel, pack/clean/move things to the new apartment, sleep at 10. I want to punch myself in the face/hide from the world for a very long time. And now, because we have guests in town the moving and the packing is being supplemented with outings and entertaining. All while the boxes stay boxes and the dressers stay empty. Did I mention I was a little stressed? And then guess what? Work looks a little something like this:


I know. I am in packing hell. But then on Monday, because Alejandro wanted to check out some apple products at the mall, and there just so happens to be a Brookstone in that mall, and we just so happened to wander into that Brookstone, I now have two pet water frogs.


Here is how that decision went:

Me: OHMYGOD FROGS!!!
Kamel: No. No way in hell.
Me: Oh pleaassse?? They will sit on my desk and I'll feed them and they only take two little pellets a week and they only need to be cleaned 4 times a year and it's only $35.00 dollars and I want frogs!!
Kamel: Ew. No Lauren! they are slimy and gross and ew! They'll be swimming around and I cannot have them in the house!
Me: *Big big big smile* Please?
Kamel: .....fine.... BUT I'M NOT CLEANING THEM! And if they get out it is ALL YOUR FAULT.
Me: YAAAAAAAY!! FROGS!!!!!!!!

Tuesday morning rolled around, the frogs were still swimming around in their tank, being all froggy, and I left for work. 1/2 way through the day I get this text message from Kamel: "BTW the frogs were kinda cute this morning."


I WIN!! I WIN!! I WIN!!

2 comments:

  1. You know, the frogs turned out so much better than our last pets; earwigs and black widows. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww frogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and your back and forth with kame is SO CUTE I CAN HARDLY HELP IT!!

    ReplyDelete