Thursday, November 12, 2009

Oh. Hello November. Heh.

Woah there. So. Yes. It's the 12 and my last post was ten days ago. So my apologies on that one. And anyone who I haven't emailed back and said I would, you know who you are. Sorry about that. See I have this job? Right? And this job? It doesn't let me play online like all the other office-y jobs out there. And when I get home? Sometimes I just want to read. You know - books?

Speaking of reading. I started Catcher In The Rye this weekend. Aimlessly reading in a *cough* Starbucks *cough* was a huge wakeup call to how much I fucking LOVE DOING THAT! When did I forget that spending 3 hours in one of those big comfy chairs and every so often scanning the room for crazies while reading half a book was the best thing in the entire world? Well, thank god I've remembered is all I'm saying. Also - I've mentioned Catcher (we're on intimate terms now so I'm allowed to abrev.) to a few people. How I'm reading it and how I never have, weird right? Cuz generally it's one of "those" books you read in highschool? Maybe mine didn't care because it was all girls and we were too busy reading the Bronte sisters and studying for AP tests. I'm just saying. Anyhoos. Everyone I mentioned my current read to was a boy and they all said "wow. what a book. I loved it." "Reason i started writing" or something big like that. I'm paraphrasing. They also mentioned, after a pause, how if they read it nowadays they would think the main character was kind of annoying. People! Dude from Catcher is a douche. He's lonely and stuff but GOD he's so effing whiny. It's still good though. I'm almost done.

Back to why I haven't written. So there was the working and the reading and the whole running a muck actually having a life thing. It's rough. It seems like the beginning of months are always full of a hullabaloo.

Also - I read on the twitter today that in 7 weeks it will be 2010. Wtf? Where did the year go? It feels like yesterday claire and I were down at the sheraton lying around in complimentary bathrobes, eating room service and trying to steam our outfits in the bathroom with the shower running. My family is already pestering me for christmas lists. Where or where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment